Sunday, March 6, 2011

I loveourpeople

Iloveourpeople. I love the people who let their hearts move their hips and music feed their souls The ones who range from honey to cinnnamon to pecan to mahogany to roasted peanut to black coffee Delicious are the ever so many shades of brown that make us black I love our people We are the soil of the earth that has sprouted up around us The hands that built the pictureworthy monuments that lie in the frames of the privleged white family down the street Amazing is the fact that dark is often equated with failure as well as laziness, incompetence amd other large negative words. My people "failed " to build the pyramids, failed to mother millions of blue eyed plantation brats, failed to bring soul to the countries we were shipped to, failed to create the stoplight, and failed to ever have a black president. My people are of africa of the united states of canada of jamaica of the dominican republic, of haiti, of nicaragua My people are the sunkissed people of color. My people are black.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment